Student Financial Services
How do you apply? (for full-time students)Apply Early:
- The 2014-2015 Application is for programs starting between August 1, 2014 and July 31, 2015.
- Your application will not be processed until all supporting documentation is received i.e signed consent forms. Apply for your student loan as soon as possible. You don’t have to wait until you are accepted into a program; if your plans change let us know. It may take up to six weeks from the time your complete application form is received to process your application. If you would like a reply from us before you start your classes in September we must receive your correctly completed student loan application and all supporting documentation before July 14, 2014.
- Once we receive your application we will check it to make sure it is completed properly and that you have included all required supporting documentation. If your application is not complete we will send it back to you with a notice letting you know what is missing. If you apply online, the interactive application tells you what you are missing and reduces delays in the processing of your application. Your application will not be processed until we receive and match the requested supporting documentation to your application. Online applications will not be processed until a signed consent form and any other requested documentation have been received.
If information on your paper application is missing the application will be returned to you. If you apply online, the interactive system will not let you proceed if information is missing.
Receiving your Explanation of Assessment:
- Once your completed application is processed, we will send you by mail your Explanation of Assessment. Your Explanation of Assessment will direct you to go online to view your Temporary Assessment.
- If you are eligible for a provincial student loan and/or appealing your assessment you must complete and submit the Pre-Study Report that is included with your Explanation of Assessment. Pre-Study Reports are also available from our website. See - Returning Your Pre-Study Report.
Returning Your Pre-Study Report:
- If your application has been processed, (If you have viewed your Explanation of Assessment) you may drop-off or mail your Pre-study Report to Student Financial Services on the first day that your classes begin but not before.
- If you do not return your completed Pre-Study Report and/or any required supporting documentation, you will not receive any provincial student loan funding.
- Your Pre-Study Report will be processed faster if your correctly completed form and all supporting documentation are submitted at the same time.
- Pre-Study Reports are available online at www.studentloan.pe.ca.
- Pre-Study Reports must be mailed or dropped off. Faxed or e-mailed copies are not accepted.
Receiving Notification of Your Final Assessment:
- Once your completed Pre-Study Report has been processed, we will notify you by mail. You will be directed to go online to view your Final Assessment. Your Final Assessment will detail the actual amounts you will receive for both Canada and PEI Student loans plus any overawards or adjustments.
Your PEI Student Loan Funds:
Your PEI Student Loan document (Student Loan Authorization/ Certificate of Eligibility) is sent at the mid-point of your program. If you are attending an educational institution within the Atlantic region, your PEI Student Loan document is forwarded to your educational institution. If you are attending an educational institution outside of the Atlantic region, your PEI Student Loan document will be forwarded to the permanent mailing address that we have on file.
You and an authorized official at your educational institution must sign your PEI Student Loan Authorization/Certificate of Eligibility, confirming your enrolment.
You must complete the "Financial Institution Section" and sign the PEI Student Loan Authorization/Certificate of Eligibility in two places.
Send your PEI Student Loan Authorization/Certificate of Eligibility to Edulinx PEI.